Saturday, March 9, 2013

The clock is tick-tocking

On Thursday, we had a "practice" meet--basically just to test the equipment. But I didn't run.

My shin splints continue to keep a grip on my legs. True, they are getting better (slowly), but the healing process can never be fast enough for me. There was also a knot that developed in my right calf, which I went to CJ's to get rubbed out. Certain people *AHEM* think I'm so funny during this process that I should be recorded :) Full speed continually evades me. I am never in shape. I am never able to do the entire workout. I am never completely healthy. Icing, rubbing, stretching, even physical therapy, for goodness sake, and my shins continue to ache. How can I maintain my varsity status if I can't even workout?

Biggest fear, right there. Watching my friends surpass me (as if they haven't already) while I sit on the sidelines, icing my broken shins.

On the bright side, track workouts are still awesome. Best part of my day, by far. [random thought interjection--I wonder if people from outside the US read these blogs so they can learn English better...?] My dual part on the Jump Squad is going well. Hopefully I'll be setting some PRs soon :)

I know that before I realize it, the season will be over. Just like that, my junior year, gone. And there will be only one year remaining. But before then, I've gotta set some records!

I can already see the banquet now...

~Dr. Z

No comments:

Post a Comment