Saturday, February 16, 2013

New Spikes!

Yay! I finally got my new track spikes. Although technically I didn't need new ones because I got my old ones at the beginning of last year, so they have a lot of life left in them, I never miss out on a chance to get new awesome shoes! Yeah, I'm a total girl, I know. Anyways, Coach told me that I needed shoes with a more rigid spike plate, so I went and found some. And these are definitely more rigid. I can't bend the bottom at all, no matter how much I try.


The funniest thing about the shoes: there's a sticker on the bottom that reads "The chrome finish will flake off with use over time". I'm not quite sure why I think this is so funny, but when I read it, I started cracking up. Hopefully the finish won't flake off too much; I don't know what kind of color is on the bottom.

These spikes are actually really good shoes. They're Showdowns so they're good quality. The arch is really rigid and pushes up against my foot which feels really good especially because none of my other shoes do that. The colors are also awesome colors. They're black fading to grey with blue accents, which looks more professional than my white and green ones from last year, and the white and pink from freshman year. Maybe just having epic looking shoes will help me run faster this year......


-Pippi


No comments:

Post a Comment